Quinoa helps with reducing cholesterol and blood sugar levels, lowering your risk of diabetes and heart disease.
Quinoa is rich in antioxidants, which can prevent damage to your heart and other organs. it is rich in essential nutritional values for PCOS. This grain contains twice the protein content of regular grains.
- ½ cup Yellow moong dal/dhuli moong dal
- ¾ cup Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- ½ cup Carrot chopped
- ½ cup Beans chopped
- ¼ Onions chopped
- 1 Potato medium-sized
- 1-2 green chili chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 Red Chilies Whole
- 1 teaspoon Crushed peppercorns and cloves
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 10-12 Cashews
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2-3 Red chilies whole
- To prepare quinoa khichdi, start with preparing the ingredients. In a bowl add half a cup of yellow moong dal and wash it
- In another bowl wash a ¾ cup of quinoa. Wash the quinoa too until the water comes out clean. When done, keep it aside.
- In a cooker add quinoa, yellow moong dal, salt, turmeric powder, and red chili powder.
- Add 3 and a half (3 ½) cup water and mix them well.
- Now, pressure cooks the khichdi till 2 whistles. After 2 whistle turn off the heat and allow the pressure cooker to cool naturally.
- In another pan heat tablespoon of ghee. Reduce the heat.
- Add cumin seeds in the ghee and cook for a minute.
- When cumin seeds to crackle and then add chopped onions in it.
- After that add chopped green chilies, chopped ginger and saute them until the onion is golden brown.
- Add 2 whole red chilies, chopped potatoes, beans and carrots in the pan.
- With a mortar and pestle, crush 4 peppercorns and 6 cloves and add them to the pan.
- Now, cook the vegetables covered for 5-6 minutes till they are tender enough. You can add a tablespoon or two of water if required.
- After cooking vegetables add a teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Now, add pressure cooked quinoa khichdi (that we cooked earlieand mix all the ingredients well.
- Add water to adjust the consistency of khichdi as per your preference and allow the khichdi to cook well.
- Cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- When the khichdi is cooked, turn off the heat and prepare the tempering.
For Making Khichdi Tadka
- For tempering, heat a tablespoon of ghee and add few cashews in it.
- Fry the cashews/kaju and keep aside.
- Now, in the same tempering pan add a teaspoon of cumin, asafoetida and whole red chilies.
- Add this tempering/tadka in the khichdi and top it with fried cashews.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of ghee in the khichdi and serve with papad, pickles and fresh dahi/curd.